use only as directed
Trusted Relief of TYLENOL® for your Child’s Cough and Cold symptoms so they can rest
When your child is sick, all you want to do is make them feel better by providing them with effective relief from their cold symptoms. You just want them to be able to get back to normal.
Try Children’s TYLENOL® Cold & Cough Nighttime Liquid. Providing relief of runny nose, sneezing, dry cough, fever, sore throat pain, and aches and pains, this liquid will help your child rest, and with the peace of mind that they are feeling better—you will be able to rest too.
Children 6-11 years
For effective relief of:
- Runny nose
- Dry cough
- Sore throat pain
- Aches and pain
Soothing Apple Liquid
My child is under 6 years of age and has a cough or cold. What can I give them?
Children under 6 years old can be given single-ingredient pain relievers and fever reducers such as Infants’ and Children’s TYLENOL®.
- For temporary relief of: mild to moderate aches & pains, fever and chills, sore throat pain, dry cough, runny nose and sneezing due to common cold.
- Do not exceed the single and maximum daily dose (see liver warnings). Overdose may result in serious harm.
Children ages 6 to under 12 years: SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE. For accurate dosing, follow instructions carefully. Remove cap and squeeze dose into dosing cup. Use only the measuring cup provided. Give 10 mL (2 tsp.) every 4-6 hours, as needed. Do not give more than 5 doses in 24 hours.
Medicinal ingredients (each 5 mL or 1 tsp. contains) Purpose Acetaminophen 160 mg Pain reliever, fever reducer Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 5 mg Cough Suppressant Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 6.25 mg Antihistamine
Non-medicinal ingredients: Carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, D&C yellow no. 10, FD&C blue no. 1, flavor (includes cinnamon), glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 60, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, water, xanthan gum.
Warnings: Liver warning: Acetaminophen may cause severe or possibly fatal liver damage if your child takes:
- more than the recommended dose in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen.
Symptoms of liver damage may include:
- yellow skin or eyes
- dark urine
- stomach pain
- unusual tiredness
- loss of appetite.
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause serious skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If any of these symptoms occur, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- with other products containing acetaminophen or other cough/cold or pain/fever medications. If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen or the other medicinal ingredients, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- if your child is allergic to any of the ingredients
- this product in children under 6 years of age
- with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on the skin
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child
- has been told their body breaks down drugs slowly or takes any other medication including warfarin, sedatives or tranquilizers
- has liver or kidney disease
- difficulty in urination
- chronic lung disease
When using this product
- marked drowsiness or excitability may occur. Sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- do not use when child is engaged in activities requiring mental alertness
Stop use and ask a doctor
- if symptoms lasts for more than 5 days
- fever lasts for more than 3 days
- sore throat pain lasts for more than 2 days
- if new symptoms occur or symptoms worsen, or are accompanied by a high fever (>38° C), or the production of thick yellow/green phlegm. Side effects may include: allergic reaction, breathing difficulties, convulsions, drowsiness, hallucinations, and rapid heart rate.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
In Case of Overdose: Call a Poison Control Centre or doctor immediately. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Read the complete label prior to use and follow all label instructions
- Do not use if carton is open or if bottle neck band is missing or broken
- Store at 15 to 30°C. Protect from light.